Here, you will find a broad list of physics and couplings available in the OOFELIE::Mutiphysics Solver.
Computational electromagnetics (CEM)
- Conduction current computation
- Joule effect heating with thermomechanical coupling
- Steady state or transient analysis
- No magnetic field is considered
Electromagnetics - Low Frequency
- Magnetostatics (magnetic field constant in time)
- Source: Constant conduction current
- Source: Permanent magnet
- Electric field not influenced by magnetic field
- Magnetodynamics (magnetic field variable in time)
- Transient and harmonic analysis
- Electric and magnetic field are fully coupled
- Eddy current computation
- Couplings with mechanical field (Laplace force) and thermal field (Joule effect)
Electromagnetics - High Frequency
Full wave Maxwell’s Equations solver
- Tangent losses
- Near-field-to-far-field transformations
- Computation of electrostatic forces using FEM or BEM
- FEM/FEM coupling with mechanics.
- Mesh morphing is available to account of large displacements of the structure.
- FEM/BEM coupling with mechanics.
- Fast Multipole Method available to accelerate large scale applications.
- Understand the effect of pre-stesses on the response of the system.
- Computation of the Pull-in voltage.